Updates, commentary, training and advice on immigration and asylum law
New members only content added and January sale ends this Friday
THANKS FOR READING
Older content is locked
A great deal of time and effort goes into producing the information on Free Movement, become a member of Free Movement to get unlimited access to all articles, and much, much more
TAKE FREE MOVEMENT FURTHER
By becoming a member of Free Movement, you not only support the hard-work that goes into maintaining the website, but get access to premium features;
- Single login for personal use
- FREE downloads of Free Movement ebooks
- Access to all Free Movement blog content
- Access to all our online training materials
- Access to our busy forums
- Downloadable CPD certificates
The Free Movement January sale ends this Friday, 16 January 2015. New content has just been added for members, so sign up now to get access to over 30 CPD hours of invaluable training materials. Use code JANSALE to get 25% off individual membership and 50% off ebooks.
The new content for members only is:
- A two CPD hour course on costs in immigration cases, including a 20 minute podcast interview between me and Jawaid Luqmani on recovering commercial rates in legally aided cases, the standard versus the indemnity basis for costs, costs negotiations and costs submissions.
- An advance version of the ebook on costs available for just £1 for members (as with all the Free Movement ebooks)
- A new podcast interview again between me and Jawaid, this time 30 minutes and on the issue of urgent injunctions, where Jawaid sets me straight on a few things, including Jawaid’s experience of the Administrative Court User Group and discussion there of the Hamid cases, key perceived errors by representatives from a judicial perspective, the tension in duty to the court and duty to the client, how to deal with the Home Office and stay in control of the process and the actual process of making an our of hours application on the telephone if one becomes unavoidable. This podcast has been added to the course on urgent injunctions.
Many thanks to Jawaid for his help with the podcasts. I hope all this will be genuinely useful to members. The final version of the costs ebook will be available to non members next week, I hope.