- Salary: negotiable, based on experience
- Hours: 3 days per week
- Benefits: Flexible working including part-remote; parental leave; workplace pension; generous training and development budget; generous annual leave plus public holidays.
- Location: Hammersmith, London.
- Duration: Permanent
- Deadline for Applications: Friday 12th May 2023
- Start Date: ASAP
Cromwell Wilkes is an outstanding law firm, driven by an unfailing commitment to uphold human rights. We’re looking for a passionate caseworker to join our friendly and inclusive team – come and join us!
What we’re looking for:
We need a qualified OISC Level 1 Caseworker with experience in all the familiar Level 1 applications. As regards the rest, we’re more interested in your skills and experience, rather than your qualifications.
You could be someone returning after a break to build your family, looking to get back into Immigration law practice. You might have strong experience of advising vulnerable and/or marginalised people in refuges or other support settings. You might have something else: inspire us!
Independently manage your caseload with periodic supervision
- Take responsibility, lead, and be accountable for your work
- Deliver high levels of satisfaction from your clients
- Complete your casework to the highest standard
- Stay informed of changes in immigration law
- Do some level 2 work under appropriate supervision
- Proficiency in the full range of OISC Level 1 immigration applications
- Important Note: Being already accredited by the Office of Immigration Services’
Commissioner (OISC) to Level 1 is an essential requirement.
Good to have:
- Experience in managing Home Office Sponsorship Licences and Skilled Worker applications
- Interest in related areas of law, such as commercial, contract, and employment law.
- Existing network of immigration practitioners/client base
- Proficiency in languages other than English
Why Choose Cromwell Wilkes?
Our firm offers exceptional representation to a wide range of clients in their immigration matters, from high-net-worth entrepreneurs to domestic violence survivors, as part of our pro bono project.
We are committed to representing those who most need our services, and who are unable to pay for them, at no charge. Through our commercial work we aim to subsidise those who need the protection of law, but cannot afford to pay for it. We love to take on cases which challenge orthodox legal experience and have won a great deal of such cases over the years.
At Cromwell Wilkes you will gain a wealth of experience that will advance your career: you will receive mentoring from an experienced senior advocate, in-depth knowledge of a very broad range of immigration matters and a fast-paced work environment, all the while receiving fantastic support from your colleagues.
We take staff well-being seriously and we all like to spend time together outside the office at social events and away days.
We are very flexible as regards working from home and respecting caregiving and/or family responsibilities.
As part of the team at Cromwell Wilkes, you will have no doubt that you are making a lasting, positive impact on clients’ lives.
Cromwell Wilkes is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team working in a supportive environment is vital to the success of our work. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as well as from LGB, Trans and non-binary candidates.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter (no longer than 2 sides of A4) setting out how you are suited to the role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 12th May 2023.
Please ensure that your email has the subject heading ‘Level 1 OISC Immigration Caseworker (Part-Time)’ and that all attachments are sent in PDF format.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place from 15th May 2023.