Updates, commentary, training and advice on immigration and asylum law
Free Movement research assistant recruitment
THANKS FOR READING
Older content is locked
A great deal of time and effort goes into producing the information on Free Movement, become a member of Free Movement to get unlimited access to all articles, and much, much more
TAKE FREE MOVEMENT FURTHER
By becoming a member of Free Movement, you not only support the hard-work that goes into maintaining the website, but get access to premium features;
- Single login for personal use
- FREE downloads of Free Movement ebooks
- Access to all Free Movement blog content
- Access to all our online training materials
- Access to our busy forums
- Downloadable CPD certificates
I am looking to recruit a part time self employed research assistant or assistants to help with research and writing for Free Movement. Some work would be background research and likely to be uncredited. Some work would be in the form of drafts of content for the site and would be credited. Typical writing projects would include analysis of case law, summary of and comment on reports by inspectorates or NGOs, “how to” guides on specific immigration law scenarios and immigration law training materials.
A successful candidate would (in no particular order):
- Be able to write fluently, stylishly and concisely in English
- Have experience of writing for the internet and be able to point to previous examples of his or her work
- Be legally trained
- Have experience in UK immigration law and, preferably, writing about it
- Be familiar with key sources of information on immigration law
- Be able to analyze, understand and explain complex legal concepts in simple, plain language
- Be highly computer literate and have experience of or easily be able to learn how to use WordPress software
Work would be undertaken remotely. Fees payable for the work are negotiable but will be at a fixed rate agreed in advance, typically £60 for a “normal” blog post of up to 750 words. Longer pieces of work would attract higher payments agreed in advance.
If you are interested, please get in touch by uploading below a one page covering letter in PDF format setting out why you think you would be a suitable candidate. I will not necessarily be able to respond to all applicants but will ask those shortlisted to complete a short exercise and conduct short interviews or a final shortlist.
The deadline for applying is 20 January 2017.