Updates, commentary, training and advice on immigration and asylum law
Central England Law Centre (CELC) is recuiting an Immigration Solicitor/Caseworker
THANKS FOR READING
Older content is locked
A great deal of time and effort goes into producing the information on Free Movement, become a member of Free Movement to get unlimited access to all articles, and much, much more
TAKE FREE MOVEMENT FURTHER
By becoming a member of Free Movement, you not only support the hard-work that goes into maintaining the website, but get access to premium features;
- Single login for personal use
- FREE downloads of Free Movement ebooks
- Access to all Free Movement blog content
- Access to all our online training materials
- Access to our busy forums
- Downloadable CPD certificates
Salary: up to £35244
Hours: Full Time or Part Time Considered
Central England Law Centre (CELC) is looking for an Immigration Solicitor/Caseworker to join our friendly Immigration Team. The successful candidate will be compassionate, committed individual who enjoys working within a team and with clients to resolve all their interconnecting legal needs. Ideally, they will have experience of working with people who have experienced disadvantage or trauma.
The successful candidate will need to be accredited to IAAS Senior Caseworker Standard and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice and the ability to work sensitively and effectively with a wide variety of clients.
- Attention and respect for detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Willingness to work flexibly to ensure service continuity
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to manage a programme of work and to meet key milestones within an agreed plan.
- Ability to support the collection of impact data
- Experience of immigration/asylum law – you will either be a solicitor or caseworker with IAAS Senior Caseworker Standard. (Essential)
- An understanding of the importance of client confidentiality, data protection issues and safeguarding processes. (Essential)
- Experience working on a project and in partnership with other organisations. (Desirable)
- Experience of working under an immigration/asylum legal aid contract
- Experience of managing a wide-ranging caseload, including working within a quality framework.
- Proven ability to meet costs targets
A fairer, more just society in which an understanding of rights and their power is embedded within communities.
Central England Law Centre is the UK’s largest Law Centre. Our size enables us to provide legal expertise across eight different areas of social welfare law including: discrimination; employment; health and social care; housing; immigration and asylum; public law; and welfare benefits. This means that we can offer services that can address all of the interconnected problems people face in their everyday lives.
Our services are rooted in the communities we serve and we are an organisation that uses its legal expertise to improve the lives of those who are often vulnerable and socially excluded due to poverty, illness or disability.
What we offer:
- 37-hour working week;
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid working arrangement;
- 28 days holiday (rising by 1 day per year of service to 35 days after 5 years of service) plus 8 statutory days;
- Pension scheme membership;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
How do I apply?
We invite interested candidates to follow the link to our website, where you can download the recruitment pack and apply for the role:
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm on the 31 st January 2024.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 5th February 2024.