Updates, commentary, training and advice on immigration and asylum law
Free Movement is back
THANKS FOR READING
Older content is locked
A great deal of time and effort goes into producing the information on Free Movement, become a member of Free Movement to get unlimited access to all articles, and much, much more
TAKE FREE MOVEMENT FURTHER
By becoming a member of Free Movement, you not only support the hard-work that goes into maintaining the website, but get access to premium features;
- Single login for personal use
- FREE downloads of Free Movement ebooks
- Access to all Free Movement blog content
- Access to all our online training materials
- Access to our busy forums
- Downloadable CPD certificates
But lacks the energy to write anything intelligent. Par for the course, some might claim. I have however been deleting the many comments I now unfortunately receive asking for legal advice. Inevitable, I suppose. Instead of informed, witty, incisive commentary I shall content myself with some random alerts:
- Metock guidance is finally available. The Entry Clearance Guidance has been amended at chapter 21 and the European Casework Instructions have been amended at chapters 1, 2, 3 and 5. I haven’t managed to scan in Operational Policy Instruction 103, which came with the January ILPA mailing and as far as I know doesn’t yet exist on the internet. Analysis to follow, maybe.
- Still no news on Baiai or on RN (Zimbabwe).
- Woolas’ ramblings on cutting back on judicial review have been revealed as hot air. There’s a new policy not to automatically suspend removals where exactly the same grounds are relied on within three months of the last ones. I know there are some chancers out there but I can’t imagine there are many example of this and even Lin Homer has said she doesn’t think many cases will be affected.
- Free Movement is considering a loose tie-in with HJT Training to help pay the actual and virtual rent. Perhaps a page on the top bar next to ‘Archives’. I’ve attended their courses before and would in fact be happy to endorse them. Thoughts on selling out (selling out what exactly?) etc sort of welcome.