Immigration Case Worker
Welcome to a very different kind of law firm. One that recognises its success is down to its people. Where you can relax and be yourself. Be inspired by your talented work colleagues. Where you’ll feel part of a dynamic team. Where, right from the start, you will be trusted with responsibility. This is what a rewarding career looks like at Thorntons.
What to expect
Navigating through the UK Visas and Immigration application process can be a daunting experience and our specialist and highly knowledgeable immigration team are on hand to help clients every step of the way. We’re committed to providing the very best client experience and are now looking for an Immigration Case Worker to help our team of Solicitors deliver this. You’ll join a friendly and supportive team who are committed to your career development.
The scope of this role will include the following:
- Dealing with initial enquiries relating to immigration, citizenship or nationality issues
- Assisting with new client on-boarding
- Preparing documentation lists for visa applications
- Preparing draft visa application forms
- Preparing draft covering letters for visa applications
- Liaising with clients to obtain their documents for visa applications
- Preparing application packages for review by supervising solicitor
- Booking client appointments with relevant organisations throughout the process
- Upload clients’ documents in advance of appointments
- Deal with any issues client has at appointment
What we’re looking for
- A working knowledge of UK immigration law
- Experience of dealing with a range of visa applications including partner visas and naturalisation applications
- Experience of dealing with Home Office processes and with commercial third parties
- A commitment to excellent client care – the right candidate for this role will genuinely enjoy working with people and be interested in the client experience
- Good organisation skills – calm under pressure and able to handle high volume of work
- A Team-player who enjoys working as part of a team of Solicitors
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail is critical for this role
Doing What’s Right
A great working environment is the first thing you’ll notice. One where you’ll be inspired and supported by your colleagues. Where we’ll help you achieve what you want from your career. Where you can have both flexibility and connection with our supportive culture. Where you are valued. Where your voice is heard and you can make a difference through our employee network groups.
As your employer
Our benefits package goes well beyond competitive remuneration and we recognise and reward your hard work – learn more at rewarding you
For your Health and Wellbeing
Our Healthcare Cash Plan covers things like dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropody, therapy and health screening needs. Our mental health first aiders and access to a 24-hour counselling line provide support for your mental and emotional wellbeing.
Embracing Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive working environment: one that does not tolerate any form of discrimination at any level. We value a truly diverse workforce: we are all equally different. We celebrate our individuality: from gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith to life experience, we know our differences make us stronger, together.
For our Community
We’re proud to be part of the communities we serve across Scotland, that’s why we actively engage with charities that support them. From our annual Charity Wills campaign to regular fundraising and volunteering opportunities, our colleagues give back to communities with skills and advocacy as well as funds.
Application closing date: 21/09 /23
Send a CV to
Or apply online