Persian Advice Bureau is a registered charity assisting Asylum Seekers and Refugees since 2015.
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality results and are looking for committed and highly driven candidates.
An opportunity has arisen for a Level 2 IAAS Immigration Senior Caseworker with Supervisor status to join our specialist team. The successful Senior Immigration Caseworker will be responsible for dealing with a range of Immigration Law, Human Rights and Asylum matters.
Owing to the nature of the clients, the quality of work produced is high level, and the successful candidate must be up to date with legal developments and practice.
The successful Caseworker MUST also possess the Law Society Level 2 Immigration and Asylum Accreditation with Supervisor status or higher.
You will also ideally have management/supervisory experience.
Skills & Experience
- Must have the Law Society Level 2 Immigration and Asylum Accreditation with Supervisor status or higher.
- Experience working under a Legal Aid Agency contract.
- Able to undertake legal aid casework on asylum and immigration matters.
- Manage own caseload, working to advance the client’s best interests in a timely and sensitive manner.
- Comply with professional standards and accreditation
- Ensure that all work complies with the requirements of the LAA in relation to Legal Help, Controlled Work, and Legal Aid Certificated matters as required.
- At least two years experience in Immigration, Asylum and Human Rights law as a Supervisor Senior Caseworker.
- Experience in preparing appeals to the IAC, higher courts, judicial review applications and resisting removals.
- Experience in representing unaccompanied asylum-seeking children
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable client matters sensitively and resolve complicated practicalities involved in Immigration issues.
- A strong command of English and knowledge of an additional language is a bonus.
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Immigration and Asylum related work.
- Must be able to work on tight deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Positive energy and creativity are necessary, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a small team.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to come up with new ideas and find solutions to challenges and operational issues.
- Excellent IT Skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Polished client service with cultural sensitivity.
The above serves as a guide and is a partial list. There are other areas of responsibilities that you are expected to cover but may not be listed here.
- Language skills are an advantage
- Practical, solution-focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident and outgoing
Start Date: Immidiate
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £29,000 to £35,000 per year depending on experience
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com