About this course
This course was last updated in August 2019.
This course equips solicitors and barristers with the knowledge and skills they need to secure just outcomes for their clients and to minimise the chances of judicial criticism. It covers:
• the ethics of ex parte applications
• strategic considerations when dealing with the Home Office in the run up to a removal
• Home Office policy on judicial review and deferring removal
• particular problems around charter flights
• the mechanics of making an application at the Upper Tribunal or High Court
• what happens once the application is made
• how to deal with out of hours situations if, despite your best efforts, such a situation arises
The course is only available to paying members of Free Movement. If you are not already a member, you can join here and access not just this course but all of our courses. Membership starts from £20 per month and you can cancel at any time.
You can check out the course contents below.
Modules within this course
EthicsThe ethical and professional obligations arising in ex parte applications, including case law.
StrategyStrategic considerations when dealing with urgent injunction applications, in particular how to deal with the Home Office, ensuring applications are made at the earliest feasible juncture and the issues around charter flights.
Home Office policiesHome Office policies on giving notice of removal, suspending removal in response to some judicial review applications, exceptions to that policy and charter flights
Mechanics of making an applicationThe mechanics and practicalities of making an urgent injunction application, including an out of hours application.
A great deal of time and effort goes into producing the information on Free Movement, become a member of Free Movement to get unlimited access to all articles, and much, much more
Join now and get access to all our training modules for free.
By becoming a member of Free Movement, you not only support the hard-work that goes into maintaining the website, but get access to premium features;
- Access to all our online training materials
- Downloadable CPD certificates
- Single login for personal use
- FREE downloads of Free Movement ebooks
- Access to all Free Movement blog content
- Access to our busy forums